Dear festival visitor,
The Herrenchiemsee Festival is dedicated to the person of King Ludwig II and the history of the island. So it is our special concern to revive the ambience of that time by the break organization, the livrierte personnel and much more. We would be delighted if you could contribute to the special atmosphere of the festival with festive clothing or traditional costume.
Concert Box Office
The Box Office for concerts on Fraueninsel and Herreninsel is located at Prien/Stock harbour, at the Info Desk of the Chiemsee Schifffahrt building. During the Festival the Box Office is open daily from 16.45 – 18.30h for collecting prepaid tickets booked at short notice and for purchasing any remaining tickets. For the concerts on Fraueninsel, an additional Box Office outside Frauenchiemsee Cathedral will open from 17.45h to 18.45h.
There is no box office on Herreninsel.
Holders of concert tickets are also entitled to
- free parking at the large car-park at Prien/Stock harbour
- one-time all-day crossing to and from the Herreninsel or Fraueninsel and the mainland
- free admission to the introductory talks at 6 pm in the unfinished staircase (for concerts on the Herreninsel) and in the Hotel zur Linde (for concerts on the Fraueninsel)
- free shuttle buses on the Herreninsel for disabled visitors
- on the day of the event, you can purchase a discounted island ticket to visit the royal palace and the museums on Herreninsel by presenting your concert ticket at the information center on Herreninsel,
see also www.herren-chiemsee.de.
After the concerts on Herreninsel ferries leave app. 30, 45 and 60 minutes after the final applause for Prien/Stock.
Another ship departs to Gstadt harbour approximately 45 minutes after the final applause (if needed, also Fraueninsel)
After the concerts on Fraueninsel one ferry leaves app. 30 minutes after the final applause for Prien/Stock. There is only one ferry to Gstadt, leaving app. 30 minutes after the final applause (calling in by request at Fraueninsel).
Unfortunately it will still be technically impossible on hot summer days to do anything about the heat in the Hall of Mirrors.
When considering the price of the tickets, quite apart from the quality of the music, we would ask you to bear in mind the services listed above.
Crossing is possible throughout the day on all scheduled ferries. The last departures from Prien/Stock are at 5.00 pm /5.30 pm /6.00 pm, from Gstadt for Herreninsel 5.15 pm, from Gstadt for Fraueninsel 4.50 pm/5.20 pm/5.50 pm. Exact times of scheduled ferries can be found under www.chiemsee-schifffahrt.de.